Sunday, January 6, 2008

Sacrifice

We've picked out a date for us to wed,
We've picked out the perfect king-size bed.
He has chosen the rings for us to wear,
I've chosen the flowers for my hair.
Is it worth the sacrifice,
So we can wake up to each other's face
For every morning, every sunrise?

We've selected the most wonderful church,
After a sincere, elaborate, complete search.
I've taken great pains to choose the perfect gown,
So we're probably the best-looking couple in town.
Is it worth the sacrifice,
Both of us giving up our single status
For a commitment till one of us dies?

Now I'm walking with my father down the aisle,
Feeling the short distance seem like an entire mile.
The groom turns and looks at me - my darling Lyle,
And his face breaks into a radiant, glowing smile.
Oh, it isn't even a sacrifice,
Giving up loneliness, sadness and misery,
For a life full of joy and love for him and me.

1 comment:

David Antony said...

so simple, so cute, so fresh :-)