Wednesday, January 2, 2008

The Sweetest Things

I saw the beautiful blue dress
In soft, silky, lovely georgette.
You wouldn't even begin to guess -
This isn't what I want from you.

Remember those beautiful days
When you pulled at my pigtails,
Laughed at me, made little faces
At me, and cried when I cried?

Remember the days when you
Stood up to Mom for my sake?
Remember those days when the two
Of us were like two peas in a pod?

Remember the days when you
Showed me off as you cute little sister?
Almost got into a broil with some guy who
Hit on me, and protected me from all harm?

Do you remember how we both
Stuck together through all odds?
Remember how much you loathed
My school excursions separating us?

I do not want the blue georgette dress.
I do not want your money, or your material gifts.
Though I accept them with a smile, I confess
They are not what I want from you.

I only want you, my loving brother,
I want to be close to you, your friend
Again, your "little sister". Just don't bother,
If you can't give me all these sweetest things.

No comments: