Wednesday, January 2, 2008

The Struggle Within

As the silver moon shines
The world bides time
Hidden rage bursts in seams
Bloodshot eyes in the darkness gleams
A battle of will,A desire to kill
The call of the nature
My life's bane!
Jostling on the edge
The man and the beast
Trying to resist
The animal that is me
I feel the scent,I am on prowl
I transform,I let out the howl
hunch back, furry, wild and free!
Regret I will, the beast I have been
The original sin
The purpetual struggle
The struggle within

2 comments:

Sushmita said...

Excellent Ma'm
very passionate words...only 10 percent of people really live life passionately..looking at life and saying 'I want to live'

Hilara said...

that poem of yours wonderfully portrays the leashed energy of the lion, the cunning stealth of the fox and the passion of the human. truly beautiful!