Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Afterglow - II

The evening, soft and glowing,
Brings me outside our home.
As the time endlessly ticks by,
Minute by special minute,
I know I should share the beauty
And I beckoned him to come.

Dusk, beautiful and dim,
Now clothes the plains.
As the yellow-orange light
Illuminates our home, our garden,
We realize we're forgetting our sorrows,
All our worries and pains.

Sunset, brilliant and breathtaking,
Now descends on us both.
As the sun slowly disappears,
Beneath the invisible straight line,
We watch, together, the sea,
The foam and the froth.
The evening, now dark and cold,
Stretches into the night.
As we make love, slowly, languorously,
And as the golden sunset covers us both
With its tender blanket, its loving wings,
Everything is just perfectly right.

The stars, glittering and dazzling,
Fill the blue-black sky above.
As we stretch, lazy and smiling,
The stars' silver glow illuminates us.
I see in his eyes a new, glowing myself -
Not 'cause of the stars, but with love.

No comments: