Monday, December 31, 2007

The Woman In Green

I first saw her, when I noticed
My lover smile at someone new.
She was clothed in deep green,
Her eyes dancing with a brilliant sheen.

She had dark, deep green eyes.
They crinkled up at the corners,
Driving many a sane man crazy.
And now, her sole target was me.

I wondered what my lover had
To tell the man smiling at her.
She was even dancing with him.
My face became set, hard, grim.

The woman in green laughed -
A delightful, tinkling sound.
Her eyes shone, capturing me
Now, she was the only one I could see.

I offered to dance with the lady.
She came to my arms without
Much ado. Her soft hands touched
Invitingly - it was just too much!

My eyes darted to my lover.
She was looking up adoringly
At the man. I gritted my teeth -
Miss Green must have seen me seethe.

Her hands curved behind my back,
Molding my muscles, my flesh.
She was lush, soft like a ripe peach.
Many a lesson in love she could teach!

My lover looked at me and smiled.
I pretended I hadn't noticed her.
This woman was getting under my skin,
She was raining little kisses on my jaw, my chin.

My lover was completely ignored.
Of course, I was quite angry with her.
Thanks to the allure of the woman in green,
I was behaving like a boy in his teens!

My eyes could not leave her face.
Her green, green eyes, or her red lips.
She smiled enchantingly, batted her lashes.
She was all over me like an allergy or rashes!

And suddenly, it struck me, the plain truth -
Why the mad, crazy anger covering my eyes.
The woman in green had gotten to me,
Her hand was on my heart, where it shouldn't be.

I pushed her away, like she was the plague.
She reared up, her face severely distorted
In fierce anger. How did I find her beautiful?
How did I feel the attractive, magnetic pull?

I walked, purposefully, to my lover.
I took her in my arms, hugged her close.
My lover whispered fervently that she loved me.
I looked around, Green was nowhere to be seen!

No comments: