Tuesday, December 18, 2007

All The Way

I was sitting in the slowly moving train,
And I waved to my gradually disappearing parents.
My face, with all the crying, looked strained.
My husband held my hand and smiled at me.
Sadly, I looked out through the window.
I felt unhappy and lonelier than ever.
Now I've got no one that I've always known.
Then I noticed that someone, my friend for life.
She was looking at me from behind the clouds.
She smiled at me, her fair face unblemished, peerless.
And she kept her word - a word not spoken aloud,
But she kept her unspoken word, and traveled with me
All through the night. My eyes never left her face.
Her presence was reassuring, soothing, even therapeutic.
She never left my sight, even as the train took pace.
My moon friend, who loved me and stayed with me,
All of the night, all through the journey, all the way.

No comments: