Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Life - I

THE IGNORANT PHASE.

Life seems meaningless, many tell me.
Everyone agrees (I used to, too) - before they've seen enough of it.
They don't give themselves time to see,
To look around, to make themselves fit
To comment on life, to call it meaningless.
My friends are still too young and ignorant,
Yet they see life as a headache, a pain, too useless.

A NEW KNOWLEDGE DAWNS.

Why do you see life as an answer? - Now, I can't.
Life isn't an answer I already know
To some irrelevant question put to me.
Life's THE question; irrelevant? Not quite so.
Life's the question, asking me what I want to be.
I still don't know the answer; I'm still wondering.
I think of it everyday, yet I don't know -
What meaning to my life shall I bring?
Shall I die without making sense? I don't think so.
I'm not so bothered about what happened then
Nor about tomorrow or any day after that.
I've stopped bothering about my looks, men,
About what others think about me, this and that.

STILL BETTER.

Halt - I still don't know the answer, the key
To life's puzzle before me, the lock, the closed door.
I've stopped trying to know, trying to see
Past what is going on, let it happen as planned before.
I now realize it is like trying to hurry, trying to peep,
Trying to reach the end of a riveting story,
Before the pages are turned, before the twists become deep,
Before the suspense has mounted, spoiling the read.

1 comment:

Winnie the poohi said...

ah.. philosophy!

lovely hon!!!