Saturday, December 29, 2007

The Woman In Me

My male friends could only see
The total tomboy that was me.
But who would see the woman within?
She, who was wondering what could've been
Had she been bestowed with more femininity.

And then suddenly he appeared,
And unexpectedly, I feared
Losing my heart to someone who
Might not find me woman enough too.
And suddenly, I knew, a change had neared.

He allayed my fears, laid them to rest.
He held me so close to his broad chest,
As he whispered sweet nothings, and laughed
His rumbling laugh, or so casually scoffed
When I said I wasn't a woman at my best.

Now I know why I was just another boy,
Why I didn't shyly smile, or just act coy,
Among my little group of friends, mostly males,
To whom I wasn't a woman from the fairy tales.
I was just another guy, whom they could tease and annoy.

But to him, I was something else, a woman.
Alien to me, were all such ideas under the sun!
I'd never known the importance I've had for so long.
He gave me something I still hold close, a beautiful song.
A heart-wrenching melody, a song I've never sung.

He has awakened the woman that I should be.
He stood strong and unleashed, unflinchingly,
The power that I'd never known I'd possessed.
He just smiled when I said, I never could've guessed,
There was such a strong, beautiful woman in me.

1 comment:

Quaintzy Patchez said...

Beeeeauuuutiful blog!

Loved it, and very kind of u to get the poems of both the poetesses in one place ;) - and loved knowing u ppl decide on a title an write a poem on it :) - awesome!