Friday, December 21, 2007

A Candle In The Wind

I light a small, white, scented candle
In the hope she will burn all night.
Then you come by, forcefully charming,
And soon, nothing is quite all right.
Everything is now too hard to handle.

Each time I see the candlelight
Flickering, dimming, my little heart
Forgets to beat. I can see the candle
Trying to not give in, to do her part,
Putting up a steady, brave fight.

You caress my little scented friend.
You laugh at her valiant efforts.
You whistle away merrily, loudly.
I believe she has become a warrior of sorts.
Oh, just how wicked you are, you evil wind!

I have decided firmly now, enough is enough.
I close the window right on your cruel face,
Manners be damned. My brave candle friend
Now smiles; her glow spreads in a thousand rays -
She would never be blown away by just a huff and puff!

No comments: