Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Stormy Weather

The clouds have all gathered,
Everything is quite dark and gloomy.
The horizon quickly darkens.
Equally quickly, so does the sea.

Where are the shades of blue and green?
Everywhere, a hundred shades between white and black.
The dull, dreary grays have replaced the bright hues,
All around, across the sky, across the tracks.

Where are all the birds that chirp endlessly?
Gone are the pleasant sounds of the summer.
Now we've got only the whoosh of the wind,
And the thunder, like an excited drummer.

Where are all the stars that used to squint
Tirelessly, like rich, polished diamonds?
We've got a sky that is a blanket of plain black,
The lightnings appearing like temporary ribbons.

Where is the longing for a tall glass of iced tea?
I only need a warm cup of coffee to curl my fingers around.
Where is the weariness that envelops me, making me sleepy?
Hurry home, I need just you, to love with a passion newly found.

No comments: